- Use Copenhagen as your classroom on Field Studies that explore its innovative urban change from an industrialized welfare state to a cutting-edge, sustainable, resilient, and livable city
- Engage in a dynamic dialogue with a variety of guest lecturers including local historians, sociologists, and urban planners
- Travel with your faculty and classmates on course-integrated Study Tours to compare how cities develop their infrastructure in Eastern and Western Europe
Is This Program For You?
It’s a good fit if you study:
- Environmental studies
- Urban Studies
- Political Science
I love the lens that urban studies gives me to view the cities I travel to. I constantly evaluate how I feel in a space and why, knowing that a million decisions went into creating that feeling.”
– Bracken, University of Richmond
Why Study Urban Studies in Copenhagen?
- Over the past decade, Copenhagen has consistently ranked on Monocle Magazine’s Top 10 Most Livable Cities
- The city’s infrastructure is made for bikes, with 50% of Copenhageners commuting
to work or school by bike
- Copenhagen is among the Nordic cities leading the world in sustainable urban solutions