DIS Copenhagen Library
With a collection of over 10,000 books, 30+ international journals, and nearly 2,000 DVDs in English (or with English subtitles), the DIS library is chock-full of resources related to your courses. Come to the DIS Copenhagen Library to find tons of materials to supplement your learning, and use it as a quiet spot to study.
Navigating the DIS Library
The library contains:
- Main Collection and Reading Room
Loan our materials here, do research at a computer, read on our chairs, or use the printers for copying, printing, and scanning. Step up to the Librarians’ counter to set up an appointment for research assistance or academic feedback, for help searching for additional course material in the library or in our online databases, to gain access to DVDs and archived journals – or just for tips on a good book to read on the train!
- The Film Room
Reserve the Film Room to watch a film for class, with 24 seats, you can play from both DVD or stream films online
- The Library Lounge
On the floor above the Library is the Lounge area, where you can study at desks or read in comfortable chairs. Find the Tutor’s Table at the high-top table at the front window, where you can seek academic feedback on assignments on Tuesdays and Thursdays
The Online Library Catalogue
The library has its own online catalogue at library.dis.dk where you can search the database for materials, and/or log in to see your account, renew loans, or reserve books. Your username is your last name + your first name (i.e. John Smith = smithjohn), and your password is the last four digits of your student ID.
Academic Databases and Dictionaries
The DIS library offers you access to extensive academic databases, covering most of the fields taught at DIS. Read more about our library databases.
The rules of the DIS Library are few and easy to follow:
- You can take books out of the library, but only when they have been checked out to your name
- You can eat food and talk quietly in the library main room, if you keep it tidy and are mindful of others working around you
- No food or beverages (other than water) are allowed in the cinema
- Library staff will put your books back for you! When you return them, please bring them to the Librarians’ counter, and hand them over to a member of staff so they can be checked in