DIS Copenhagen Library at the Student Hub
With a collection of about 10,000 books and nearly 2,000 DVDs in English (or with English subtitles), the Library at the Student Hub is full of resources related to your courses. Here you can find tons of materials to supplement your learning, and use it as a place to study.
Navigating the DIS Library
The library contains:
- Student Hub and Library – Ground Floor
Check out books here with the Student Hub Staff or the Librarian, sit down to study or use the printers for copying, printing, and scanning. This is also where you find most of our non-fiction books.
- The Cinema – Ground Floor
Reserve the Cinema to watch a film for class or leisure. The Cinema seats 24 and you can play from both DVD or stream films online. Reserve the Cinema via the DIS Navigate app.
- Library, AD Corner – 1st Floor
On this floor is a lounge area, where you can study at desks or read in comfortable chairs. This is also where you will find our books on Architecture and Design.
- Library Lounge and Quiet Study Room – 2nd Floor
On this floor you can find a variety of different types of study spaces – tables for group work, soft chairs and quiet spaces. This is also where you find our collection of fiction books, biographies and books “On Reserve” for more research connected to specific courses.
The Online Library Catalog
The DIS Library has its own online catalog where you can search the database for our books, DVDs and information on where to find them.
Academic Databases and Dictionaries
The DIS Library offers you access to extensive academic databases, covering the fields taught at DIS.
The rules of the DIS Library are few and easy to follow:
- You can take books out of the library, but only when they have been checked out to your name
- Library staff will put your books back for you. When you return them, bring them to a member of Student Hub staff so they can be checked in, or leave them in the Return Box on the Librarian Desk.
- No food or beverages (other than water) are allowed in the Cinema