A Week With DIS
DIS welcomes education abroad professionals, faculty, administrators, academic advisors, and student affairs staff to an International Educators Workshop (IEW) at our DIS Copenhagen or new DIS Stockholm location each semester.
A workshop is like a mini-semester at DIS: attend classes; participate in field studies; meet DIS staff, faculty, and students; live with a homestay; and get to know Danish and Swedish culture and society. Participants may be invited to serve on discussion session panels and are encouraged to indicate areas of expertise in workshop registration.
Benefits of Attending a DIS IEW
DIS workshops, held each semester, provide:
- Professional development with new and long-time colleagues including faculty, advisors, student affairs, and education abroad staff
- An opportunity for you to comprehensively review the DIS program and to contribute to ongoing development and improvement
- An interactive introduction to the DIS programs and curriculum, the cities of Copenhagen or Stockholm, and the local cultures
- A forum for dialogue about DIS and broader issues in education abroad
Upcoming IEW Dates
DIS Copenhagen (with optional daytrip to DIS Stockholm):
- Fall 2017: October 23 – 27
DIS Stockholm (with optional daytrip to DIS Copenhagen):
- Spring 2017: March 13 – 17
- Spring 2018: April 23 – 27