We have some new academic updates! The following is an overview of all that is new to our curriculum at DIS Stockholm through fall 2021.
New Programs & Core Courses at DIS Stockholm
New Engineering Program:
- Biomedical Engineering in Scandinavia – starts fall 2021
- Engineering Sustainable Environments in Scandinavia – starts fall 2021
New to the Psychology Program:
New to the Medical Practice & Policy Program:
- Precision Medicine: Tailored Treatment in Clinical Practice (previously called Translational Medicine: From Bench to Bedside) – starts spring 2021
New Elective Courses at DIS Stockholm
- Scandinavia in the Middle Ages: From Viking Warriors to Christian Knights – starts spring 2021
- Songwriting Workshop: Swedish Pop Music – currently on hold for faculty leave. Course returns spring 2021
- Behavioral Economics – starts spring 2021
- International Investment and Portfolio Management – starts spring 2021
- Sex Education and Sexual Reform in Europe – starts spring 2021
- Smart and Sustainable Cities – starts spring 2021
- Biostatistics – starts fall 2021
- Co-Creation Lab – starts fall 2021
- Engineering Biomaterials – starts fall 2021
- Energy Cloud: Engineering Localized, Digitized, Sustainable Networks – starts fall 2021
- Medical Diagnostics – starts fall 2021
- Public Health Emergencies and Health-Crisis Management – starts fall 2021
New DIS Lab Opportunities & More in Research
Students can gain international lab experience or join an engaged community of scholars across various disciplines to collaborate on their research project as a Research Assistant. Enrollment is competitive and requires an additional application during registration with DIS. Some prerequisites may apply.
- Affective Neuroscience Lab
- Forensic Psychology Lab – New!
- Medical Simulation Lab – New!
- Research Assistantships (click here to see current research opportunities available)
New Exploration Electives in Spring 2021
Students can enroll in one of our brand new 3-credit Exploration Electives, which give them the opportunity to learn first-hand beyond the walls of a classroom and includes travel to another European city – at no extra cost.