Students who meet the criteria below are invited to apply. To be a successful applicant, you must demonstrate a strong academic record, clear motivation to study abroad, and solid reasoning for your program choice and why the DIS model is right for your study abroad goals.
Admission is competitive. Apply as early as possible – DIS often reaches capacity before published deadlines.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at a four-year college or university in the United States or Canada, with at least three semesters completed at time of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prerequisites for the core course(s) to which you are applying
- Academically compelling reason why DIS is a good fit for you
- Independence, self-reliance, and maturity necessary to obtain the benefits of studying abroad
- Enthusiasm for cultural engagement
- Willingness and ability to embrace the challenges of studying abroad
DIS reserves the right to reject an applicant or registrant for any reason. In waitlist situations, DIS favors applicants from partner institutions who have an outstanding personal essay and exceptional overall application.