Q / When and how will I be invoiced?/Why haven’t I received an invoice?
A / You will be invoiced via email approximately six to eight weeks prior to the DIS arrival date for your term of attendance (four to six weeks for summer sessions).
If you have not received an invoice then review the following:
- If your school is one of our partner institutions, DIS may have an agreement to invoice your school directly. To confirm this, please contact us at the DIS North American Office at (800) 247-3477.
- Please check the junk mail filters on your email account to allow invoices from @dis.dk accounts to be received.
- Check your Personal Information in Student Registration and verify you entered your email address correctly.
Q / Why did I receive an invoice when I thought my school was paying?
A / Invoices are issued based on the specific billing agreements we have with institutions. Many of our partner institutions will cover the Comprehensive Tuition fee, but request their students to be invoiced directly for the Comprehensive Housing Fee and/or the Danish Residence Permit fee. If you received an invoice for one or both of these fees, then it is most likely a result of this type of billing arrangement with your school.
If you still have questions, please contact your school or the DIS North American Office at (800) 247-3477.
Q / When is full payment due?
A / Full payment is due 30 days from the date your invoice was issued. If your invoice was issued within 30 days of the official program arrival date, then payment is due no later than the arrival date.
Q / Is there a payment plan?/What if I am paying with Financial Aid and it isn’t disbursed by the due date?
A / We do not typically offer payment plans due to the amount of expense incurred on your prior to your arrival. Classroom spots are reserved, study tour travel arrangements are booked, housing placements are committed to/rented, etc.
If you cannot pay your total amount due by the due date because you are expecting financial aid, then upon receiving your invoice via email please reply with the total amount of aid you’re expecting and the exact date(s) of disbursement and we will update your account with that information. Those funds will not be expected until after the disbursement date(s).
Anything not covered by your aid is still due by the due date. The same applies to funds being received as a result of bank or personal loans.
If you are unable to pay the total amount due by the due date and are not receiving financial aid, please contact Mary Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact specifics of your situation.
In exceptional cases, written permission by DIS to postpone part of the payment may be arranged.
Payment of all fees must take place by the end of Arrival Workshop or you will be dismissed from the program.
Q / How do I pay/what payment types are acceptable?
A / Program fees payments are accepted only via electronic transfer, wire transfer or by check in US$ ONLY. Credit card payments are not accepted for Comprehensive Tuition, Housing or Residence Permit fees.
For specific payment information and step by step instructions, go to Billing Information.
Q / What is the DIS Refund Policy regarding cancellation of my semester or summer session at DIS?
A / Please go to Cancellation and Change Fees for more information about DIS cancellation policies.
Q / How do I sign up for and pay for Optional Study Tours and DIScovery Trips?
A / Please note Optional Study Tours and DIScovery Trips fill on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend registering as soon as possible. Full payment is due at the time you sign up.
To sign up for Optional Study Tours:
- Login to Student Registration
- Register for the elective course that is connected to the study tour
- Under Optional Steps on your Student Registration home page, click Sign up for Optional Study Tours and DIScovery Trips
- Choose the Optional Study Tour you wish to sign up for*
- Follow the directions to make full payment for the trip
To sign up for DIScovery Trips:
- Login to Student Registration
- Under Optional Steps, click Sign up for Optional Study Tours and DIScovery Trips
- Choose the DIScovery Trip for which you wish to sign up*
- Follow the payment directions to make full payment for trip
*NOTE: If you have already chosen a tour or trip that has conflicting travel dates, the system will prevent you from signing up for tour/trip you are currently attempting to sign up for.
Q / What if I am experiencing payment issues or my school should be paying for my study tour?
A / Please email the Study Tours Department at email@example.com and explain what school you go to, what study tour you wish to sign up for, and why you are unable to make the full payment. The Study Tours Department looks at queries on a case-by-case basis to decide what the payment process will be.