We have some new academic updates! The following is an overview of all that is new to our curriculum at DIS Copenhagen through spring 2023.
New Elective Courses at DIS Copenhagen
- Competing and Creating in Global Markets – Visiting Faculty course! Spring 2022 only
- European Storytelling: From Myth to Marvel (name change from European Storytelling: From Homer to Harry Potter)
- Future is Now: Science Fiction in Film, Literature, and Video Games – starts fall 2022
- Feminist Activism in Denmark – Visiting Faculty course! Spring 2023 only
- Good Life, The – starts spring 2022
- Gut Reaction: How Human Microbes Shape Our Lives – Visiting Faculty course! Spring 2022 only
- Narrative Medicine – starts spring 2022
- Neuroethics – starts spring 2022
- Understanding Climate Change – starts fall 2022
DIS Lab & Research Opportunities
Students can gain international lab experience or join an engaged community of scholars across various disciplines to collaborate on their research project as a Research Assistant. Enrollment is competitive and requires an additional application during registration with DIS. Some prerequisites may apply.
- Biological Conservation and Biodiversity Lab
- Biology of Marine Mammals Lab
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Consciousness Lab
- Cognitive Psychology of Decision-Making Lab – New!
- Game Development Lab
- Medical Simulation Lab
- Research Assistantships (click here to see current research opportunities available)
Students can enroll in one of our 3-credit Exploration Electives, which give them the opportunity to learn first-hand beyond the walls of a classroom and includes travel to another European city – at no extra cost.
- Battlefield Europe: Military History of World War II with a travel component to Normandy, France
- Curating in Europe with a travel component to Berlin, Germany
- Disaster Management Leadership with a travel component to Lisbon, Portugal
- Integrated Climate Change Planning with a travel component to Bordeaux, France
- Investing for Impact and Change with a travel component to London, UK