Where is DIS Copenhagen located?
DIS is located in the heart of Copenhagen, along the central walking street, ‘Strøget.’ It is a five-minute walk from City Hall Square (Rådhuspladsen), a 10-minute walk from Tivoli, and a 20-minute walk from The King’s Square (Kongens Nytorv). You can use these landmarks when booking accommodations.
Copenhagen Hotel Recommendations
- First Hotel Kong Frederik (5-minute walk)
- Hotel SP34 (5-minute walk)
- The Square (5-minute walk)
- citizenM Rådhuspladsen (5-minute walk)
- Ascot Hotel (6-minute walk)
- Hotel Alexandra (6-minute walk)
- Hotel Danmark (7-minute walk)
- Imperial Hotel (11-minute walk)
Arranged by DIS: Stay in a Homestay with Local Hosts
The Homestay is one of the most popular housing options at DIS, providing a great introduction to local culture. Most of our hosts, as in U.S. cities, live in the suburbs and not in the city center, so you will travel daily on Copenhagen’s public transit system up to 60 minutes each way using a transportation pass provided to you by DIS. Homestays are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Getting to Know Your Hosts
Participants selecting the Homestay often ask what to bring from the U.S. for their host. A small gift is a nice gesture, but by no means obligatory. Some suggestions include a token from your state (e.g. food, chocolates, book, college hat or t-shirt, a bottle of liquor or wine from your home region). It is also a good idea to show some photographs of your family – your host will be curious!
Where is DIS Stockholm located?
DIS is located in the Östermalm neighborhood of Stockholm, only a two-minute walk from the 1912 Olympic Stadium. The main building at DIS Stockholm was completed in 2016 and is shared with the Royal College of Music Stockholm (KMH).
The building is located at the T-bana stop ‘Stadion,’ a five-minute ride from the central railway station ‘T-Centralen.’ You can use these landmarks when booking accommodations.
Stockholm Hotel Recommendations
- Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto (5-minute walk)
- Best Western Hotel Karlaplan Hotel (7-minute walk)
- Scandic Park Hotel (7-minute walk)
- Mornington Hotel Stockholm City (10-minute walk)
- Hotel Riddargatan (3 minutes door-to-door with T-bana or 15-minute walk)
- Hotel C (10 minutes door-to-door with T-bana)