Copenhagen and Stockholm often top international surveys determining quality of life, personal safety, and even the happiness of their citizens. However incidents do happen when abroad, and your son or daughter will also be traveling in greater Europe, so their health and safety is our primary concern.
Where Health and Safety Information is Available
Pre-departure, your son or daughter will receive a handbook with important information for them to review. We also have helpful health and safety resources online such as our contingency plan, insurance information, medication information, safety tips, and more. Find the following information available in the Student Resource sections of our websites:
Should there be an emergency safety announcement relevant to your student while they are abroad, DIS posts all current alerts on the following pages (and updates regularly as news becomes available):
Note that all DIS students are also alerted directly by email should any alert be posted. A Stockholm notification page will be created for the start of the fall 2016 semester – please check back at that time.
Parent Emergency Contact Procedure and Information
If you have heard from your son or daughter about a serious health or safety emergency or issue and they have not contacted the DIS support staff in Copenhagen prior, and are able to do so themselves, please encourage them to do so immediately. Staff are available 24 hours a day for on-site emergencies, and the most efficient way for us to get straight to the problem is to hear directly from your daughter or son when possible.
If your daughter or son is not able to contact us themselves, or you need to contact us directly, you can contact DIS at these numbers:
DIS North American Office
- During Business Hours (8:30 to 16:30 U.S. Central Daylight Time): (800) 247 3477 or (612) 301-7200
- After Hours Emergency Phone: (612) 492 1080
DIS Copenhagen Office
- During Business Hours (9:00 to 17:00 Danish time): +011 45 33 11 01 44
- After Hours Emergency Phone: +011 45 30 67 10 00
DIS Stockholm Office
- During Business Hours (10:00 to 17:00 Swedish time): (+46) 706 15 27 20
- After Hours Emergency Phone
- If calling from a Swedish number: 072-1412862
- If calling from an international number: +011 4672-1412862