What’s New at DIS Stockholm & Copenhagen for Summer 2019?
Your students can choose between three, four, or seven-week sessions at one location, or combine sessions…and locations…earning up to 12 credits throughout the summer with DIS. Summer 2019 session dates can be found here.
Below is a list of new courses and changes for summer 2019:
- Development and Programming of Serious Games (Copenhagen)
- Glued to the Screen: TV Shows, Norms, and Culture (Stockholm)
- Climate Change and Glaciers (Copenhagen) – due to the popularity of this course, a second section has been added with new Study Tour Location to Arctic Norway
- Humanitarian Law and Armed Conflict (Copenhagen) + Study Tour to Bosnia
- Power of Women in the Viking Age (Stockholm) – Study Tour location change to Iceland
- Sustainable Development in Northern Europe (Copenhagen) + Study Tour: Norway
- Cross-Cultural Communication has changed the name to Communication and Conflict: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Migration and the City (Stockholm) + Study Tour to Italy
- Political Extremism and the Threat to Democracy (Stockholm)+ Study Tour to Budapest
- Strategy and Leadership (Copenhagen) + Study Tour to Florence
- Tasting Culture: Nordic and Mediterranean Food, Tradition, and Nutrition (two weeks with DIS in Copenhagen + two weeks with CYA in Athens) + two weekend Study Tours to the Islands of Naxos, Greece and Samsø, Denmark
- The Good Life: Philosophy of Happiness (Copenhagen) + Study Tour to the French Riviera
- World of Vikings: Facts, Fiction, and Fantasy (Stockholm) – Study Tour location change to York