The Green Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in engaging yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of sustainability.
This is your ideal LLC if you are self-directed and have an interest in building your own green community with insights gained from living in Copenhagen. You will network with many green organizations in Copenhagen including a locally run CSA.
Green LLC Highlights
- Engage with your peers by discussing burning environmental issues of our time in an open and respectful forum
- Gain insight into some of the sustainable initiatives that are happening in and around Copenhagen, and reflect upon the similarities and differences from what you are used to
- Step out of your comfort zone (for example, volunteer with local environmental initiatives)
- Understand the effort it takes to truly make sustainable changes in your surroundings
Examples of Green LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly LLC meeting and organic dinner cooked with your roommates
- Discuss and implement sustainable living initiatives in the LLC
- Volunteer in a community-supported agriculture (CSA) project
- Visit unique sustainability initiatives in Copenhagen, including an ‘organic society’ in the outskirts of Copenhagen