The Green Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in engaging yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of sustainability.
This is your ideal LLC if you are self-directed and have an interest in building your own green community with insights gained from living in Copenhagen. You will network with many green organizations in Copenhagen including a locally run CSA.
Green LLC Highlights
- Engage with your peers by discussing burning environmental issues of our time in an open and respectful forum
- Gain insight into some of the sustainable initiatives that are happening in and around Copenhagen, and reflect upon the similarities and differences from what you are used to
- Step out of your comfort zone (for example, volunteer with local environmental initiatives)
- Understand the effort it takes to truly make sustainable changes in your surroundings
Examples of Green LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly LLC meeting and organic dinner cooked with your roommates
- Discuss and implement sustainable living initiatives in the LLC
- Volunteer in a community-supported agriculture (CSA) project
- Visit unique sustainability initiatives in Copenhagen, including an ‘organic society’ in the outskirts of Copenhagen
Meet the Green LLC Coordinator
Josh Morrison is a landscape architect and urban designer educated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Architecture (MCP) and the University of Copenhagen (MLA, ongoing). He completed his undergraduate studies at Brown University and RISD. He is currently managing director at Fundament Design and previously worked for the World Bank, MIT, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and Gehl Architects. Josh specializes in the design of communities and public spaces, with a particular interest in how built form affects social interaction and quality of life. With DIS since 2016.