The Green Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in engaging yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of sustainability.
This is your ideal LLC if you are self-directed and have an interest in building your own green community with insights gained from living in Copenhagen. You will network with many green organizations in Copenhagen including a locally run CSA.
Commitment and Community
Being in the Green LLC means committing yourself to increasing awareness of green issues in Copenhagen and the DIS community, and engaging with local organizations working on sustainability.
You will be challenged to build a community that creates a shared identity and values within a study abroad context, one that challenges the way you see your own identity. How big will your footprint in Copenhagen be?
Learning Objectives for the Green LLC
- Engage with your peers by discussing burning environmental issues of our time in an open and respectful forum
- Gain insight into some of the sustainable initiatives that are happening in and around Copenhagen, and reflect upon the similarities and differences from what you are used to
- Step out of your comfort zone (for example, volunteer with local environmental initiatives)
- Understand the effort it takes to truly make sustainable changes in your surroundings
Examples of Green LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly LLC meeting and organic dinner cooked with your roommates
- Discuss and implement sustainable living initiatives in the LLC
- Volunteer in a community-supported agriculture (CSA) project
- Visit unique sustainability initiatives in Copenhagen
- Visit one of the ‘organic societies’ in the outskirts of Copenhagen
- Help develop the DIS urban garden
Meet the Green LLC Coordinator
Architect and advocate of Cities for People, with an MSc in Sustainable Urban Planning from Aalborg University and MSc in Architecture from Bucharest and Bordeaux. Her professional profile includes a collaboration with KANT architects, owner of an architecture studio with a focus on sustainability, climate change adaptation, and mitigation. Her passion is sharing knowledge and creating better living environments. With DIS since 2015.