Apply to Become a DIS Student Blogger
What Do DIS Student Bloggers Do?
Bloggers create and maintain their own individual blogs about their semester, and are linked to from the DIS website. As a Student Blogger, you’ll be looked to as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your DIS experience.
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad! We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Your cultural experiences; how do you engage with the local culture and community?
- Your courses, Field Studies, and Study Tours
- Stories of growing, living, and learning
- Day-to-day exploration
- Your housing experience
Why Should You Apply?
- To build your resumé: Your blog is made official with a DIS Blogger badge that links back to DISabroad.org. At the end of the semester, DIS Student Bloggers can request a letter of recommendation or a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Marketing & Communications Department
- You become an ambassador for DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other university students that are thinking of going abroad
Expectations and Compensation
- We require that you post regularly (a minimum of once a week)
- Your blog should be easy to navigate and contain certain elements as specified in the Student Blogger training
- We may ask you to participate in social media initiatives, such as taking over our accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories), or providing media for our platforms (such as TikTok)
- As an ambassador for DIS, you are a resource for prospective students and may be asked to answer questions on your blog or via social media
This position is compensated with a stipend. Students who fulfill the requirements of their position will be paid in two installments: in the middle of the semester, and at the end. The stipend is 1600 DKK (or approximately 200 USD, depending on currency exchange) in total.
The Semester as a Student Blogger
The Marketing & Communications Team take you under their wing and function as a point of contact during your semester in Copenhagen:
- At the start of the semester, we will acquaint you with DIS behind the scenes and talk about blogging expectations and trends
- We host workshops, professional development opportunities, and social events throughout the semester
- At the end of the semester, we will host an event (in-person or virtual) to celebrate the semester
Who Are We Looking For?
Each semester we look for bloggers from different DIS Academic Programs:
- We require that you are mature, passionate about your area of study, and have a desire to meet the locals
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative and dynamic way, by considering your format and using photos
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Spring 2023 Student Blogger position, please apply by January 4, 2023. Expect to spend 1-2 hours on completing your application.
Read this WordPress Blog Guide and complete the following three steps:
- Create a new blog dedicated to the topic of your semester abroad on WordPress. We ask that you only use WordPress due to technical issues with other blogging platforms
- Add a predeparture blog post. Write about your experience of going abroad to study, reflecting on your upcoming semester in Copenhagen with DIS
- Add an “About Me” section introducing yourself. This is usually the first place people click on a blog so make sure it stands out!
Once you have completed the three steps above, submit your application by filling out the form below.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline. We will invite selected applicants for an interview.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.