Health, Accident, and Personal Liability Insurance
Semester Student Insurance
As a semester student with DIS, you have access to the extensive Danish national health care system in addition to Europæiske insurance coverage. The full Europæiske plan will cover you until you receive your CPR number and continue to provide some coverage in addition to the national health care system after you receive your CPR number.
Additional Insurance Needs
DIS encourages students to consider their individual insurance needs. Review existing insurance (including any coverage mandated by your home school) and consider purchasing additional coverage if necessary.
DIS recommends students who plan to travel outside the U.S. before and/or after their program purchase additional travel insurance as neither the Danish system nor the Europæiske insurance plan will cover incidents outside of the program (including travel to/from the program). Neither covers incidents in the U.S.
Danish National Health System
The Danish National Health System is a comprehensive medical care with these limited exclusions: medications, vaccinations, mental health, and dental care.
Europæiske ERV Health, Accident, Personal Liability Insurance
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||Unlimited|
|Pre-existing Conditions||DKK 63,000|
|Psychological Treatment||DKK 31,000|
|Medical Escort & Summoning||1 person|
|Personal Accident: Bodily Injury||DKK 500,000|
|Personal Accident: Loss of Life||DKK 250,000|
|Personal Liability & Property|
|Damage to Property||DKK 5,000,000|
|Injury to Persons||DKK 10,000,000|
|Legal Aid||DKK 100,000|
|Contents of Dwelling||DKK 250,000|
|Search and Rescue||DKK 250,000 per insured; DKK 500,000 per claim event|
|Natural Disasters||DKK 500,000|
|War and Warlike Conditions||Unlimited|
Your Insurance Does Not Cover
- Replacement or repair of glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prostheses, or other facilities
- Childbirth of ordinary and/or planned controls and examinations related to a non-complicated pregnancy or childbirth
- Vaccinations and regular check-ups
- Dental care
- Bills for cell phone usage when your phone is lost/stolen
- Theft from a dwelling where the doors and windows were not locked
- Replacement value for property older than two years old
- Claims for property damage by someone other than the insured student
For further info regarding your coverage and exclusions, review the ERV Insurance conditions here.