Health, Accident, and Personal Liability Insurance
Semester Student Insurance
As a semester student with DIS, you have access to the extensive Danish national health care system in addition to Europæiske insurance coverage. The full Europæiske plan will cover you until you receive your CPR number and continue to provide some coverage in addition to the national health care system after you receive your CPR number.
Additional Insurance Needs
DIS encourages students to consider their individual insurance needs. Review existing insurance (including any coverage mandated by your home school) and consider purchasing additional coverage if necessary.
DIS recommends students who plan to travel outside the U.S. before and/or after their program purchase additional travel insurance as neither the Danish system nor the Europæiske insurance plan will cover incidents outside of the program (including travel to/from the program). Neither covers incidents in the U.S.
Danish National Health System
The Danish National Health System is a comprehensive medical care with these limited exclusions: medications, vaccinations, mental health, and dental care.
Europæiske ERV Health, Accident, Personal Liability Insurance
A comprehensive medical care with limited exclusions such as vaccinations, mental health, dental care, pre-existing conditions, treatment of chronic illnesses.
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||DKK 500,000|
|Medical Escort||Unlimited, 1 person|
|Summoning||Unlimited, 1 person|
|Loss of Life||DKK 250,000|
|Permanent Disability||DKK 500,000|
|Damage to Property||DKK 2,000,000|
|Injury to Persons||DKK 5,000,000|
|Legal Aid||DKK 75,000|
|Contents of Dwelling||DKK 250,000|
|Search and Rescue||See terms and conditions|
|Natural Disasters||See terms and conditions|
|Terrorism||See terms and conditions|
|War and Warlike Conditions||See terms and conditions|
|Life-threatening Epidemics||See terms and conditions|
|Political Unrest||See terms and conditions|
Your Insurance Does Not Cover
- Pre-existing conditions including, but not limited to:
- Mental health conditions
- Physical health conditions
- Replacement of glasses/contact lenses, hearing aids, or prostheses
- Allergy shots or other allergy management protocols
- Psychology counseling sessions
- Anything related to birth control or standard pre-natal care
- Vaccinations and regular check-ups
- Dental care
- Bills for cell phone usage when your phone is lost/stolen
- Theft from a dwelling where the doors and windows were not locked
- Replacement value for property older than two years old
- Claims for property damage by someone other than the insured student
For further info regarding your coverage and exclusions, review the ERV Insurance conditions here.