Matching You with the Best Housing Placement
We would like to give you insight into how DIS determines your housing:
1. DIS guarantees housing to all students who request DIS-arranged housing.
2. Your housing application indicates preferences, not a guaranteed spot in that particular option (nor a specific accommodation preference).
When applying for housing, you list two to three top preferences by housing option type. By doing so, DIS can then match you with the best option based on your housing application essay and other registration factors. All housing placements are made individually.
Note: You can apply for two different themes when applying to an LLC. One LLC theme will count as one preference – a second theme will count as a second preference.
3. For Fall 2021, DIS housing has been de-densified based on social distancing requirements.
DIS housing will remain de-densified; requests for single rooms or for specific roommates will be accommodated based on COVID-19 realities as well as student health needs and home university policies, and we will continue to limit gatherings in common spaces according to local guidelines.
4. For Fall 2021, DIS will accept specific roommate requests (one request per student) – be sure that you and your roommate both request each other on the last page of the DIS Housing Application.
5. Specific housing accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Ensure that you upload all pertinent accommodation documentation to the Health Information form in DIS Student Registration before the housing deadline, and clearly explain your specific accommodation needs and preference in your housing application.
6. Requests to live in specific buildings and/or locations cannot be honored.
DIS will place you in a location where we think you will enjoy living and be successful in engaging with the community. We will make these placements based on the information you provide on your housing registration, your course enrollment, and other factors.