How to Build Your Study Abroad Semester at DIS Copenhagen
You can explore our website in many ways to start building your semester abroad, however, DIS recommends you follow the steps below by choosing:
- A program core course with its two course-integrated study tours
- Three to four Elective courses based on your credit load needs
- Housing from our diverse options
- Ways to meet the Danes and engage with the local culture and to get involved at DIS
- DIScovery Trips that you can add over weekends and breaks
Based on past student feedback, here are just a few of the many opportunities that we recommend you consider for your semester here in Copenhagen:
- Over 70% of students take a Danish Language and Culture course and highlight it as one of their favorite courses – make this elective the first you sign up for!
- Choose to live in a Homestay and find a home away from home
- Rent a bike and commute to DIS – Danes bike rain or shine and biking is a great way to explore the city
- Make meeting the Danes a priority and volunteer at Studenterhuset (the city’s student union), join a local sports team, sign up for the Visiting Host Program, and more!
- If you love the idea of traveling on study tours, considering signing up for an Elective Course Tour