The Culinary Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in immersing yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of food culture and cooking.
This is your ideal community if you are self-directed with an interest in exploring your inner-foodie in Denmark while building a community through cooking together in and outside the house.
Commitment and Community
Being in the Culinary LLC means committing yourself to actively engaging with the broader Copenhagen community through your passion for food.
You will be challenged to build a community with a shared identity and values within a study abroad context, one that challenges the way you see yourself and your own identity.
Learning Objectives for the Culinary LLC
- Form a community where it is part of your everyday life to explore a variety of aspects of Danish food culture
- Gain more confidence in your own cooking abilities while trying out new recipes from Danish and international cuisine
- Reflect on your discoveries, while constructing an understanding of Nordic food culture. Relate and compare your new knowledge to what you know from your home culture
- Share your knowledge and experiences with fellow students
Examples of Culinary LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly dinner with your housemates
- Increase your culinary skills by participating in cooking lessons led by a guest chef
- Cook together with other students at various themed events
- Visit local food producers
- Learn different cooking techniques while cooking traditional as well as modern Danish dishes
- Meet interesting food entrepreneurs from Denmark