The Culinary Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in immersing yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of food culture and cooking.
This is your ideal community if you are self-directed with an interest in exploring and improving your culinary skills while building a community through cooking together in and outside the house.
Culinary LLC Highlights
- Form a community where it is part of your everyday life to explore a variety of aspects of Danish food culture
- Gain more confidence in your own cooking abilities while trying out new recipes from Danish and international cuisine
- Reflect on your discoveries, while constructing an understanding of Danish/Nordic food culture. Relate and compare your new knowledge to what you know from your home culture
- Share your knowledge and experiences with fellow students
Examples of Culinary LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly dinner with your housemates
- Visit local food producers
- Learn different cooking techniques while cooking traditional as well as modern Danish dishes
- Meet interesting food entrepreneurs from Denmark
There are at least two sections of the Culinary Living & Learning Community each semester.
Meet the Culinary LLC Coordinators
Maj is a trained chef and dietician with a great passion for vegetarian food. She loves to cook seasonal and to inspire others with new ingredients and cooking methods. Maj focuses on sustainable food and is a chef with a green profile. Maj has worked on numerous social projects in Copenhagen and loves to teach, motivate and combine food and social consciousness.
Bat-El is excited about cooking and exploring many aspects of food and eating. She has a master’s degree in Food Innovation and Health, and when she’s not planning LLC events, she is a Research Assistant in the project Taste for Life. She creates teaching resources about sensory science for the Chef and Nutrition Assistant Education and teaches students how to become better tasters. The food nerd side of her enjoys to explore the flavor of food, study how all aspects of a meal affect the food experience, and research why we like what we like and how we learn to like dislike foods.