The Culinary Living & Learning Community is a highly selective opportunity to take an active role in immersing yourself in life in Copenhagen through the lens of food culture and cooking.
This is your ideal community if you are self-directed with an interest in exploring your inner-foodie in Denmark while building a community through cooking together in and outside the house.
Commitment and Community
Being in the Culinary LLC means committing yourself to weekly meetings, planning and attending culinary related events throughout the semester, and actively engaging with the broader Copenhagen community through your passion for food.
You will be challenged to build a community with a shared identity and values within a study abroad context, one that challenges the way you see yourself and your own identity.
Learning Objectives for the Culinary LLC
- Form a community where it is part of your everyday life to explore a variety of aspects of Danish food culture
- Gain more confidence in your own cooking abilities while trying out new recipes from Danish and international cuisine
- Reflect on your discoveries, while constructing an understanding of Nordic food culture. Relate and compare your new knowledge to what you know from your home culture
- Share your knowledge and experiences with fellow students
Examples of Culinary LLC Activities (may vary each semester)
- Participate in preparing a weekly dinner with your housemates
- Increase you culinary skills by participating in cooking lessons led by a guest chef
- Cook together with other students at various themed events
- Visit local food producers
- Learn different cooking techniques while cooking traditional as well as modern Danish dishes
- Meet interesting food entrepreneurs from Denmark
Meet the Culinary LLC Coordinator
Linn Katarina Grubbström
Linn is a common face in the food scene around Copenhagen. She’s blogging on the popular food blog Frk. Kræsen and is the editor of the English site, Guide to Copenhagen. She loves to take advantage of the culinary possibilities that Copenhagen has to offer, and you often find her trying new restaurants, at the food market downtown or arranging pop up-restaurants around town – events and places where she is looking forward to bringing you, too.
Linn has a background in journalism and corporate communication, and when she isn’t planning culinary events for you, she helps companies in the food business with their communication.
Linn has been with DIS since 2015.