Alongside a two-day seminar in Copenhagen, you will travel on a three-day study tour to Western Denmark to gain insight into the field of game design by meeting various professionals in both the educational and industry setting. You will have the opportunity to discuss and understand the challenges of the field and hear from the experiences of developers with the Danish Game Industry Organization. You will gain insight into the unique collaboration between game developers, game press, and gaming academia while visiting both industry and academic institutions involved in the game development process within a computer science focus.
The program is supplemented with cultural visits to help you learn more about Danish history and culture and experience life outside the capital. Some cultural visits include touring art museums, visiting historical sites, and enjoying traditional Danish food.
- Gain insight to the translation of computer science from academia to industry, within the development of games
- Learn about the newest and upcoming trends in the game industry
- Understand the computer programming techniques that are most heavily involved within the profession of game developers
- Take part in a Game Jam
- Visit gaming companies
- Meet with students studying Game Development in Danish Højskole or Universities
- Go paintballing with your class