Core Course Week, including the short Study Tour, enhances the Positive Psychology curriculum by meeting with Danish researchers and practitioners, as well as visiting institutions that apply principles of positive psychology. You will experience and analyze the unique features of the Danish socio-cultural model, and how it shapes the experience of well-being in Denmark.
The Core Course Week program is supplemented with visits and activities to help you gain a more well-rounded understanding of the communities in which you study. Some activities include touring museums, visiting historic sites, and sampling traditional Danish cuisine.
- Explore the relationship between culture, social structures, and happiness in a Danish Context
- Reflect on and synthesize experiences of positive psychology practices and how these can be adapted and applied in various settings
- Engage in your personal learning process outside the classroom by actively participating and challenging your current ideas and assumptions
- Visit one of Denmark’s happiest workplaces to explore how positive psychology is applied to create and maintain a happy workplace
- Explore the Danish concept of 'bofælleskab,' a Co-Living Community, and its impact on well-being
- Visit a school that uses the principles of positive psychology as a pedagogical tool