London is a well-known center of finance and the location of some of the oldest and most influential financial institutions in the world. On this study tour, you will have the opportunity to examine the British business environment and be exposed to businesses both in financial and creative industries, such as banking, insurance, and sports entertainment. Past visits have allowed students to visit the storied courts of Wimbledon, walk the trading floor of Lloyd’s of London, and sit in the seats of diplomats and world financiers.
As Europe has unified, Danish businesses have had an opportunity to grow while in London. Therefore, you will also visit Danish businesses and institutions such as the Chamber of Commerce, to directly compare and contrast the strategic considerations in both places.
You will explore beyond London’s financial centers and enjoy its rich cultural legacy, from high tea to Hyde Park. Gaze at the movers and shakers of the past in the National Portrait Gallery, learn of the development of London as a financial capital at Museum of Docklands, visit London’s famous cultural sites, and explore the city’s diverse boroughs. Discovering the culture and historical context in which British business operates will help you help better understand London’s dynamic commercial environment.
- Critically examine business models and strategies of select businesses within the financial and creative business clusters through on-site visits, and explore the development and importance of these clusters
- Understand the differences between Danish and British business environments, and gain insight into the diversity of the European business environment and the challenges of creating a single European market
- Become familiarized with the British business environment, and understand the influence of culture, clusters, and policy on businesses in London
- Visit HSBC headquarters located in the new financial district
- Walk through the old financial district to visit Lloyd’s of London, started in 1688 and now the world’s specialist in the insurance market, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Visit businesses within the creative business cluster of icons such as Wimbledon and the Christie's Art Auctioneers