As a major communication hub in Europe, London offers you an opportunity to learn how major companies brand and communicate their message to the world. By visiting major public relations firms and companies that specialize in a variety of areas, you will look behind the scenes into some of the most influential British companies. You will hear from experienced professionals and discuss their strategies for executing successful media and public relations campaigns. The study tour is designed to give you a more nuanced understanding of how theories presented in the classroom translate to the dynamic work context.
A trip to London would not be complete without a chance to experience its cultural and ethnic diversity. Through touring boroughs, exploring significant sites, and visiting museums, you will learn about the historic and contemporary United Kingdom. The historic framework of London will further inform your cross-cultural comparison of strategic communications.
- Compare the communication industry in London to Denmark and the United States
- Engage with British organizations and business or PR agencies, and identify strategic communication challenges, and propose solutions
- Assess European trends in communication through business visits and lectures
- Guided tour of the BBC Broadcasting House
- Visit creative communication and branding companies
- Interview companies, NGOs, or PR agencies dealing with reputation management