The Core Course Week consists of a two-day seminar in Copenhagen and a three-day Study Tour in Denmark. This week is designed to give you a more concrete understanding of sustainable food systems from a Scandinavian perspective. The 2-day seminar in Copenhagen includes a variety of activities such as guest lectures, site visits, and workshops. In the second part of the Core Course Week we travel to other parts of Denmark and visit farms, food production facilities, and restaurants that enrich our understanding of sustainable food production and consumption in Denmark and allow us to meet the people behind it to gain a deeper understanding of the values that drive people to pursue a transition towards a good, clean, and fair food system.
Understanding Danish culture and its connection to food and agriculture is an integral step to comprehending Denmark’s environmentally conscientious mindset, and you will be challenged to immerse yourself through various cultural experiences and cuisine.
- Acquire a better understanding of the social, economic, and environmental challenges of the current food systems
- Explore and learn from initiatives in Copenhagen and other parts of Denmark that seek a more sustainable food system
- Explore and learn more about Denmark through exposure to its culture, history, and socioeconomic climate and above all through its connection to food and agriculture
- Compare holistic small scale and industrial large scale food production and processing facilities
- Learn from innovative microbusinesses addressing food sustainability challenges
- Taste local food production and farm to table initiatives