Germany has the second largest video game market in Europe, and Hamburg is a thriving capital for both large and small game studios. This Study Tour provides you with a greater understanding of the game industry and game studio world within a computer science context. You will gain an international view of what game development is, the role of the programmer, and the internal process of creating a game. Meeting professionals within the field exposes you to how a concept turns into a product.
In addition, the Study Tour program is supplemented with relevant cultural visits to help you learn more about German culture and contextualize your studies.
- Gain insight into the translation of computer science from academia to industry within the development of games
- Learn about the newest and upcoming trends in the game industry
- Understand the computer programming techniques that are most heavily involved within the profession of game developers
- Visit companies and meet professional developers
- See exhibitions like the Computerspielemuseum and the Game Science Center in Berlin
- Take walking tours of the cities and learn about Germany's history