Core Course Week, which consists of a three-day Study Tour to different parts of Denmark and a two-day seminar in Copenhagen, is designed to give you a greater understanding of sustainability from a Danish perspective. It also incorporates various aspects of political, environmental, and economic sustainability, providing you with real-world examples of the dynamic challenges faced by current professionals in the field. Visits to historically and culturally relevant sites expand your knowledge of the context in which sustainability initiatives arise and thrive, revealing similarities and differences between Copenhagen and the rest of Denmark.
- Explore and learn more about Denmark through exposure to the culture, history, and socioeconomic climate of the region
- See first-hand examples of cities and island communities' transition towards sustainability
- Gain insight into the process of becoming more sustainable from the perspective of places with a unique coastline and waterlife, and green energy producers
- Visit the Energy Academy - an organization working on various projects related to Samsoe becoming fossil free island by 2030
- Visit the Fanø Municipality and discuss their sustainable development strategies
- Gain further understanding of different funding possibility of a modern permacultural farm
- Tour the charming island of Fanø and explore the natural beauty of Denmark's coastline by the Wadden Sea