Core Course Week, including short Study Tour, provides you with the opportunity to explore the clinical aspect of Denmark’s healthcare system, while furthering your understanding of the role of a general practitioner in Denmark. You will also be able to investigate cutting-edge medical research by leaders in the field and gain first-hand experience with basic clinical skills. By meeting with general practitioners, visiting with various hospital departments, and discussing medical research projects with Danish university researchers, you will see how theories presented in the classroom connect with practices in the field.
To supplement the academic visits, the Study Tour program includes cultural visits to relevant sites, where you will learn about Danish history and culture, and experience life outside of the capital city.
- Get to know some of the ‘hot issues’ regarding health care in Denmark
- Broaden your view of the challenges that health care providers face
- Examine the clinical role, function, and organization of the Danish health care system through exposure to primary care, clinical settings, and research institutions
- Listen to a presentation and take a tour of an office with a general practitioner
- Visit a department within a Regional Hospital, such as the Telemedicine Department, Pediatric Department, Oncology Department, or the Emergency Department
- Visit a medical research center, such as the Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience and PET Center at Aarhus University Hospital