Core Course Week, including the short Study Tour, is designed to give you a more nuanced understanding of how classroom theories apply to the real world environment.
Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and has a thriving international business climate. During the short Study Tour, we explore how different businesses deal with issues of international management and how they adjust their business strategies in shifting market conditions. We explore the history and culture of Hamburg, noted for being one of the most beautiful cities in Germany. Social activities may include a cruise around a lake, a city tour, and a visit to the “Miniatur Wunderland”, which has the world’s largest model railway.
- Gain a practical understanding of financial markets in Europe (specifically Germany), and how these may differ compared to the U.S.
- Experience how different businesses deal with issues of international management (including cash and risk management) and tie your knowledge to the issues discussed in class
- Understand different business cultures and the impact they may have on strategies, and see first-hand how business strategy may have to react to events in markets
- Discuss financial issues with the iconic European aircraft manufacturer Airbus and witness the making of the Airbus 380 during a factory tour
- Visit one of the oldest banks in the world as well as the third busiest port in Europe
- Talk to Beiersdorf Global – a multinational skin care group with brands like Nivea and la Prairie and a EUR 6 billion annual turnover – about how to manage a diverse portfolio