Core Course Week, including the short Study Tour, allows us to delve into the theme of Contemporary Danish Literature. We will have two days in Copenhagen where we explore the interrelation between the city of Copenhagen and its modern literature, before we travel to rural Western Denmark on a three-day study tour to meet with writers who have chosen to move away from the city. Together, we will explore the ties that can be established between isolation, boredom, and inspiration.
- Gain an understanding of the interrelation between place and narrative through specific literary and visual examples of Copenhagen and the island of Fanø
- Meet with contemporary Danish writers, and discuss their inspirations
- Develop your own sense of place and explore how new places can affect your writing
- Workshop with contemporary Danish writers
- Visit to the North Atlantic Houser and discussion of Denmark's relationshup to Greeland, and its role in contemporary literature
- Visit an art exhibit to explore visual narratives of Denmark as place