Core Course Week, including short Study Tour, enhances the New Media and Changing Communities curriculum, as it allows you to experience how classroom theories are applied to various contexts. During a two-day seminar in Copenhagen and a three-day short study tour to Southern Sweden, you will interact and collaborate with local communities to see how they use new media in innovative ways.
Core Course Week is supplemented with cultural visits to help you learn more about Scandinavian history and culture, as well as give you a more well-rounded understanding of the communities in which you are studying.
- Reflect on your own dependence on new media forms and the practical, ethical, and social impact they have
- Explore specific communities in Sweden and the ways they use new media to preserve important community values and transcend geographical borders
- Discover new and innovative ways media is being used in Swedish culture
- Discuss with cultural and community groups about their media usage
- Visit a communications company incubator campus
- Visit Rambøll's Headquarters