Core Course Week, including short Study Tour, is designed to give you a more nuanced understanding of how classroom theories apply to the real world environment. You will spend two days in a seminar in Copenhagen and three days in Southern Sweden exploring and analyzing the local entrepreneurship environment.
Through visits to companies and organizations, you will gain a deeper understanding of how Denmark and Sweden promote new start-ups, and how existing companies handle the challenges of competing in a global market. You will also gain insight into how the two countries differ in terms of policies and atmosphere.
The program also includes visits to historical sites, tours of museums, and cultural events to help you learn more about history and culture of Denmark and Sweden, and give you a well-rounded understanding of the environment in which businesses operate.
- Compare and contrast Denmark to Sweden’s business environments
- Understand the challenges entrepreneurs face in the Nordic market
- Gather ideas for your own business venture idea and get project feedback from local entrepreneurs and practice your business pitch with experienced entrepreneurs and mentors
- Workshop with the Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship
- Meet with Swedish startup incubator MINC, as well as local Danish entrepreneurs at Founder's House
- Attend Pitcher’s Corner at Ideon Science Park – watch pitch development in action as you hear pitches from Swedish university students, step into the role of an investor to give feedback, and learn a professional pitch coach’s model for successful startups