On this Study Tour, we explore and learn about the function of the neutral status of Geneva, Switzerland for international organizations, dialog processes, and justice and reconciliation. The tour encompasses a visit to the International Committee of the Red Cross and Red Crescent. You gain deeper knowledge about the function and role of ad hoc judicial instruments for restorative justice, and peruse the function of neutrality.
- Understand the role of Geneva as an international hub
- Gain deeper knowledge about the role of the ICRC as the proponent of the IHL
- Gain knowledge about the processes for enhancing compliance towards IHL in contemporary conflicts
- Visit the UN, the UN museum, and the Geneva Centre for Security sector governance
- Attend lecture by the ICRC and experience the ICRC museum
- Visit the International Centre for Humanitarian Demining