Core Course Week, including the short study tour, enhances the Positive Psychology curriculum by meeting with Swedish researchers and practitioners, as well as visiting institutions that apply principles of positive psychology. You will experience and analyze the unique features of the Swedish socio-cultural model, and how it shapes the experience of well-being in Sweden.
The Core Course Week program is supplemented with visits and activities to help you gain a more well-rounded understanding of the communities in which you study. Some activities include touring museums, visiting historic sites, and sampling traditional Swedish cuisine.
- Explore the relationship between culture, social structures, and happiness in a Swedish Context
- Reflect on and synthesize experiences of positive psychology practices and how these can be adapted and applied in various settings
- Engage in your personal learning process outside the classroom by actively participating and challenging your current ideas and assumptions
- Meet professionals who use mindfulness as a positive coping method to increase work health and reduce stress
- Visit one of Sweden’s many voluntary NGO organizations to explore how voluntarism and well-being correlate
- Explore why physical activity has been identified as beneficial to improving well-being by visiting organizations that facilitate physical activities for children and adolescents
- Discover the archipelago on the west coast of Sweden and discover why it is recognized as an ideal retreat destination for individuals as well as practitioners of meditation and mindfulness