DIS provides transportation passes to DIS Stockholm students living in DIS housing. Your transportation pass entitles you to travel within the given zones and dates with the transportation companies in the Greater Stockholm area. Transportation passes are valid for the T-bana, commuter trains, regional trains, buses, trams, and ferries, as long as you are within the appropriate zone.
What is the Transportation Pass used for?
The transportation pass covers transportation between your housing and DIS, as well as any travel throughout the Greater Stockholm area. Your pass is valid, from the first time you activate it, for an entirety of 120 days. When using it, your pass indicates on the machine display that it runs out after 30 days. However, following, it automatically adds an additional 90.
Important: The transportation pass does not cover your travel to and from the airport, unless your housing is located in this area. However, you will be provided with a free return trip ticket for the Flygbussarna bus between Stockholm Central Station and Arlanda Airport when traveling to and from the airport for Long Study Tour. Tickets will be available for pick up from the Front Desk the week before Long Study Tour.
Important to Remember – Keep Track Of Your Pass
- Protect your pass as you would cash and your passport – they are worth a lot!
- If you lose or have your transportation pass stolen, start the process of replacing it by going to the DIS Housing & Student Life Department to get information on your next steps. A replacement pass is free, but can take up to five business days to receive, during which you will have to cover the cost of your own travel
- While traveling in other cities, consider leaving your pass at home
How do I get a replacement pass if mine is lost or stolen?
- Email email@example.com with your full name and specify if your pass has been lost or stolen
- The DIS Front Desk will order a new travel pass
- Once the pass has arrived, you will receive an email from the Front Desk notifying that it is ready to be picked up