The overarching goals of the Residential Communities are based on building communities with other DIS students, as well as challenging yourself to engage locally – as you will have to work extra hard to meet Swedes and get a feel for the culture.
Residential Communities can be structured differently, housing a varying number of students. The Communities are co-ed residences.
Residential Community Highlights
- Exploring cultural differences among fellow DIS students, as you will live exclusively with DIS students
- Building a community at your residence, and having to go the extra mile to get out of your comfort zone and engage with the local community
This housing option is right for you if, you are willing to:
- Be social, self-reliant, and want to contribute to a healthy living community
- Live in the city or in the Greater Stockholm Area
- Commute from home to DIS using the many choices of public transportation available in Stockholm – you can use this time to do homework, take a nap, or just listen to your favorite tunes and enjoy the view. Read about public transportation in Stockholm here
- Do your own grocery shopping and cook for yourself in a kitchen
- Share a room with another DIS student. A very limited number of single rooms are available. Note: For Fall 2021, read about housing de-densification policies here
- Share a bathroom with your roommate. A very limited number of private bathrooms are available
- Share a kitchen and bathroom
- Do your own grocery shopping
- Share cleaning responsibilities for your own room, and common areas on your floor such as the kitchen, bathroom, and living room
What this Housing Option Provides
To see what is included under this housing option, refer to the Comprehensive Housing & Student Affairs Fees.
You will preference your housing choices during the registration process.
If you are placed in a Residential Community, DIS will find the best fit for you by using your housing application essay, potential housing comments, and other information you have listed in Student Registration.