Live with other DIS students in Stockholm and take part in building relationships in this communal setting!
The overarching goals of the Residential Communities are based on building communities with other DIS students, as well as challenging yourself to engage locally – as you will have to work extra hard to meet Swedes and get a feel for the culture.
Residential Communities can be structured differently, housing a varying number of students and Social and Residential Advisors (SRAs). The Communities are co-ed residences.
Residential Community Highlights
- Exploring cultural differences among fellow DIS students, as you will live exclusively with DIS students
- Building a community at your residence, and having to go the extra mile to get out of your comfort zone and engage with the local community
This housing option is right for you if, you are willing to:
- Social, self-reliant, and want to contribute to a healthy living community
- Live in the city or metropolitan area
- Commute from home to DIS using the many choices of public transportation available in Stockholm – you can use this time to do homework, take a nap, or just listen to your favorite tunes and enjoy the view
- Share a bathroom with your roommate
- Share a room or have your own room. The room sizes vary and most often two students share, but up to four people may share a room. Single rooms are available but are limited
- Share a kitchen and bathroom
- Do your own grocery shopping
- Share cleaning responsibilities for your own room, and common areas on your floor such as the kitchen, bathroom, and living room
What this Housing Option Provides Under the Comprehensive Housing Fee
Refer to the Comprehensive Housing Fees to see what is included under this Housing Option.
You will preference your housing choices during the registration process.
If you are placed in a Residential Community, DIS will find the best fit for you by using your housing comments and information you have listed in registration, as well as the mandatory short essay, where you specify how will contribute to the community and your goals for your study abroad experience.