Apply to Become a DIS Student Photographer
What Do DIS Student Photographers Do?
Student Photographers are tasked with creative photo assignments throughout the semester to help tell the story of all aspects of the DIS experience. As visual storytellers, they assist the Marketing and Communications Department in documenting student life at DIS – everywhere from the quiet moments during a morning commute to DIS to the back of classrooms to capture a faculty member’s lecture.
Student Photographers create visually compelling content for both print and digital channels, such as the annual print catalog, website, social media, and advertisements.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your photos will be used in DIS catalog, web, advertising, and social media
- Your time spent with the Marketing and Communications Team can be noted as a non-credit ambassadorship on your future resume, and at the end of the semester, you can request a letter of recommendation or LinkedIn recommendation to build your resume
- You’ll join a community of creative students collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Department
- We host workshops and social events throughout the semester for the Student Media Team, allowing you to meet and connect with other students collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Department
What Are We Looking For?
- Photographers with intermediate or above photography skills, who are proficient in using DSLR cameras with experience in editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
- Storytellers with a strong passion for digital media, branding, and marketing, and ability to utilize social media platforms (primarily Instagram)
- Ambassadors who are outgoing and interested in connecting with current students as well as inspiring future students, and enjoying capturing people-centered stories
- Students with strong communication skills, including time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete assignments alongside academic and social commitments
Expectations and Compensation
Student Photographers are required to submit regular photo drops throughout the semester. In addition, assignments may include:
- Photographing Study Tours, Field Studies, classrooms, and DIS events as a fly-on-the-wall
- Taking over social media accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories), or providing media for platforms (such as TikTok)
- Assisting in planned photoshoots of Homestays and portraits of other students
- Working on self-directed independent and collaborative projects
This position is compensated with a stipend. Students who fulfill the requirements of the position will be paid in two installments: in the middle of the semester, and at the end. The stipend is 2200 SEK (or approximately 200 USD, depending on currency exchange) in total.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Fall 2023 Student Photographer position, please apply by August 9, 2023. Submit your application by filling out the form below.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to submit your application by the deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.