September 9, 2021
Sweden announced that as of 6 September, U.S. travelers are no longer exempted from COVID-19 entrance requirements solely because of residence in the U.S. This is not a ban on travel by all American passport holders and there are still many ways that Americans can enter Sweden, including for the purpose of study.
Current DIS Stockholm students planning to travel independently need to understand requirements for re-entry from their destination detailed on the Swedish police website, in addition to the requirements of the location(s) they plan to visit. Please check the Swedish police website for the most updated requirements. Today, the requirements to return to Sweden after travel are as follows:
- If entering from Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland: no COVID-19 requirements to enter Sweden, regardless of passport country.
- If entering from another EU country: Must carry a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to entering Sweden. The CDC vaccination card does not remove the testing requirement.
- If entering from a non-EU country: Must carry your letter from DIS proving you are entering Sweden for the purpose of study, plus a negative COVID-19 test no more than 48 hours prior to entering Sweden, regardless of vaccination status.
DIS will provide more details on traveling for DIS Study Tours soon.
- The Local article summarizes the recent change to Sweden’s entry requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions for Current Students at DIS Stockholm