Before leaving for Stockholm, we have a few suggestions of how to prepare your technology for your time abroad!
Keep DIS Emails Out of Your Spam Folder
Make sure you are successfully receiving emails from DIS, so you can stay informed about any necessary steps before arriving! If you do not receive emails from DIS:
- Check your Junk Mail folder and set emails from ‘@disstockholm.se’ and ‘@disabroad.org’ as ‘Safe Senders’ in your email options
- If using a school-issued email address, contact your home university to see if they have blocked ‘@disstockholm.se’ or ‘@disabroad.org’ email addresses
How to Prepare Your Electronics to Go Abroad
- Check voltage requirements on your electronics to see if they need a voltage converter. Most laptop and phone chargers do not require a voltage converter, but hairdryers and electric hair trimmers often do. Whether or not your device requires a voltage converter, all American electronics will require a European plug adapter.
- Update your computer’s programs and drivers (wireless, sound, mouse, etc.)
- Back up your computer’s documents and files