How to Build Your Curriculum
#1. Choose One Core Course
The Core Course is a signature of the DIS academic experience as it includes two course-integrated Study Tours. You pick one Core Course from within 11 Academic Programs. Your Core Course will include:
- Core Course Week – early in your semester, an entire week is dedicated to just your Core Course – with a three-day short Study Tour in Sweden and a two-day seminar in Stockholm
- Later in the semester, you travel again with your Core Course on a week-long Study Tour in Europe
#2. Add Three or Four Elective Courses
Build your semester from a choice of over 65 courses across over 50 disciplines. You can search courses across disciplines, semesters, credits, and more on this page.
What to Look at After Your Academics are Planned
- Choose the right type of housing for your from our five diverse options
- Explore ways to meet the Swedes and engage with the local culture
Based on past student feedback, here are just a few of the many opportunities that we recommend you consider for your semester here in Stockholm:
- Join a research project with DIS faculty or local researchers with one of our 3 or 6-credit Research Assistant courses
- Over 80% of students sign up to take a Swedish Language and Culture course – make this elective the first you sign up for!
- Choose to live in a Homestay and find a home away from home, or consider signing up for the Visiting Host Program
- Follow the experiences of current and past Student Bloggers for inspiration and insider tips