Apply to Become a DIS Student Videographer
We are looking for students to work with the DIS Marketing & Communications Department to continue our video storytelling tradition! Each semester DIS Student Videographers collaborate with our team to build video content about their semester abroad.
What Do DIS Student Videographers Do?
You will be trained and work closely with the Marketing & Communications department to conceptualize, produce, and edit videos that will be used on DIS social media, website, and advertisement. You will have a lot of creative freedom and collaboration with the team. As visual storytellers, you assist us in documenting student life at DIS – everywhere from the quiet moments during a morning commute to DIS to the back of classrooms to capture a faculty member’s lecture. See below for deliverables.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your videos will be used in DIS website, advertising, and social media
- Your time spent with the Marketing & Communications Department can be noted as a non-credit ambassadorship on your future resume, and at the end of the semester, you can request a letter of recommendation or LinkedIn recommendation to build your resume
- You’ll join a community of creative students collaborating with the Marketing & Communications Department
- We’ll invite you to various events where as a group, you will share your videos and get feedback both from a marketing and videography perspective
- We host workshops, professional development opportunities, and social events throughout the semester
What Are We Looking For?
- You have previous experience in creative short visual storytelling
- You have previous experience in creating content for social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok
- You are a collaborative team member and are open to feedback
- Good time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete the video assignment alongside your academic and social commitments
- You have an interest in marketing, advertising, and social media
Expectations and Compensation
Student Videographers work on self-directed independent and collaborative projects. Assignments and deliverables include:
- Long-form videos (3-6 minutes long) for YouTube
- Short-form videos (1 minute long) for DIS Instagram and TikTok
- Submitting regular video drops throughout the semester, where you are expected to document Study Tours, Field Studies, classrooms, and DIS events as a fly-on-the-wall
- Taking over social media accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories)
This position is compensated with a stipend. Students who fulfill the requirements of the position will be paid in two installments: in the middle of the semester, and at the end. The stipend is 2200 SEK (or approximately 200 USD, depending on currency exchange).
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Spring 2023 Student Videographer position, please apply by January 4, 2023. Submit your application by filling out the form below.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to submit your application by the deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.