Apply to Become a DIS Student Blogger
Our DIS Student Bloggers have long held the tradition of storytelling and inspiring future students to study abroad. If you enjoyed reading those posts, or would like to share your academic, cultural, and travel adventures with a wide audience, consider applying to be an ambassador of the DIS experience!
What is the Role of a DIS Student Blogger?
You will be an author posting on the DIS Blog, with your own individual URL linked from the DIS website. As a Student Blogger, you’ll be looked to as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your DIS experience!
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad! We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to!):
- Both your experiences in culture shock and cultural engagement
- Great stories of growing, living, learning, and traveling here in Stockholm and greater Europe
- Day-to-day exploration
- Events throughout the semesters, such as course experiences, study tours, housing, and cultural immersion
Why Should You Apply?
- Build your resume – your blog will also be made official with a DIS Blogger badge.* Additionally, at the end of the semester, DIS Student Bloggers can request a letter of recommendation or a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Marketing & Communications Department
- You will be an ambassador to DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other American university students that are thinking of going abroad!
*Please note that this is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
The Semester as a Student Blogger
The Marketing & Communications Team will take you under their wing with these events:
- At the start of the semester, there will be an introductory workshop to acquaint you with DIS behind the scenes, talk about blogging expectations and trends, and get to know your fellow bloggers
- At the end of the semester, we’ll get together for a thank you celebration to reflect on the semester
Who Are We Looking For?
Each semester we choose one blogger per DIS Academic Program:
- We require that you are mature, passionate about your area of study, and have a desire to meet the Swedes!
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative way – whether it be through videos, photos, and/or written blog post
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a spring 2017 Student Blogger position, email us at email@example.com with the following info by January 12, 2o17:
- Your name
- Home university/college
- DIS Program and Core Course
- DIS housing you have listed as your first choice
- Send us a brief paragraph explaining your motivation to blog for DIS
- Share a writing sample where you reflect on the study abroad experience you are about to embark on – such as why you decided to go abroad, come to DIS Stockholm, your goals for the semester, and anything else you feel is important to share! Remember, you can be creative in your format (i.e., listicles, headlines/bolding within the post, etc.)
Chosen candidates will be notified by email on or before the end of January.