Apply to Become a DIS Student Blogger
What is the Role of a DIS Student Blogger?
Chosen bloggers create and maintain their own individual blogs about their semester, and are linked to from the DIS website. As a Student Blogger, you’ll be looked to as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your DIS experience.
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad! We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Your cultural experiences; how do you engage with the local culture and community?
- Your courses, Field Studies, and Study Tours
- Stories of growing, living, learning, and traveling in Stockholm and greater Europe
- Day-to-day exploration
- Your housing experience
We require that you post regularly (a minimum of once a week).
Why Should You Apply?
- To build your resumé: Your blog is made official with a DIS Blogger badge that links back to DISabroad.org.* At the end of the semester, DIS Student Bloggers can request a letter of recommendation or a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Communications & Marketing Department
- You become an ambassador for DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other university students that are thinking of going abroad
*Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
The Semester as a Student Blogger
The Communications & Marketing Team will take you under their wing with these events:
- At the start of the semester, there is a Blogger Workshop to acquaint you with DIS behind the scenes, talk about blogging expectations and trends, and get to know your fellow bloggers
- At the end of the semester, we’ll get together for a thank you celebration to reflect on the semester
Who Are We Looking For?
Each semester we choose one blogger per DIS Academic Program:
- We require that you are mature, passionate about your area of study, and have a desire to meet the locals
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative way – whether it be through videos, photos, and/or written blog posts
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Spring 2020 Student Blogger position apply by January 9th, 2020.
Create a new blog dedicated to the topic of your semester abroad on WordPress. We ask that you only use WordPress due to technical issues with other blogging platforms.
Blog about your experience leading up to departure, and when you have arrived here in Stockholm. We would like to see:
- At least one pre-departure reflection post by the application deadline
- At least one arrival reflection post within your first week here, regarding your first impressions of Stockholm and DIS.
Email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Blog URL
- Home university/college
- DIS Program and Core Course
- DIS housing you have listed as your first choice or have been placed in
Chosen candidates will be notified by email within the first few weeks of the semester.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.