Apply to Become a DIS Student Blogger
What is the Role of a DIS Student Blogger?
Chosen bloggers create and maintain their own individual blogs about their semester, and are linked to from the DIS website. As a Student Blogger, you’ll be looked to as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your DIS experience.
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad! We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Your cultural experiences; how do you engage with the local culture and community?
- Your courses, Field Studies, and Study Tours
- Stories of growing, living, learning, and traveling in Stockholm and greater Sweden
- Day-to-day exploration
- Your housing experience
We require that you post regularly (a minimum of once a week).
Why Should You Apply?
- To build your resumé: Your blog is made official with a DIS Blogger badge that links back to DISabroad.org.* At the end of the semester, DIS Student Bloggers can request a letter of recommendation or a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Communications & Marketing Department
- You become an ambassador for DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other university students that are thinking of going abroad
*Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
The Semester as a Student Blogger
The Communications & Marketing Team take you under their wing and function as a point of contact during your semester in Stockholm:
- At the start of the semester, we will acquaint you with DIS behind the scenes and talk about blogging expectations and trends
- At the end of the semester, we will host an event (in-person or virtual) to celebrate the semester
Who Are We Looking For?
Each semester we look for bloggers from different DIS Academic Programs:
- We require that you are mature, passionate about your area of study, and have a desire to meet the locals
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative and dynamic way, by considering your format and using video and/or photos
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Spring 2021 Student Blogger position apply by January 15th, 2021.
Create a new blog dedicated to the topic of your semester abroad on WordPress. We ask that you only use WordPress due to technical issues with other blogging platforms.
- Blog about your experience of going abroad to study, introducing yourself and reflecting on your upcoming semester in Stockholm with DIS
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Blog URL
- Home university/college
- DIS Program and Core Course
- DIS housing you have listed as your first choice or have been placed in
Chosen candidates will be notified by email within the first few weeks of the semester.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.