Tip and Tricks of Taking a Taxi
Taxis are reliable and quick to access in Sweden, however, they can be expensive in Stockholm. Stockholm taxis start at 60 SEK and the price rapidly increases as you travel.
- There are a few ways to get a taxi: You can hail one in the street as long as the top sign light is on, or approach one of the taxi stands throughout the city.
- Various apps allow you to book and pay for a taxi on your smartphone. We recommend you download this app to find information on available taxis and booking: Taxi Sthlm
- Use caution when selecting a taxi; only get in official taxis that are clearly marked and licensed.
- You do not need to tip taxi drivers in Stockholm!
Only use officially marked taxis. If you would like to use an app to request a taxi or car, we recommend you use the one suggested above.
As always, use street smarts when getting yourself from point A to point B.
Should you choose to use a rideshare service, such as Uber, while abroad, DIS recommends that you follow the following safety tips:
- Do not get into a car until you have:
- Made sure the driver’s information on the app matches the person who has arrived, including the car’s make and model and license plate
- Asked the driver to confirm your name
- If you are alone, sit in the back seat
- Share your travel plans with a friend or family member