This Study Tour focuses on the main public health challenges of migration and refugee crises, and how these challenges are handled by the international community.
We discuss the main public health and human rights challenges that different migrant populations face before, during, and after migration. You are exposed to a mixture of non-governmental agencies and refugee-driven initiatives and will gain a broader understanding of national policies of migration within Europe. You have the opportunity to discuss overall challenges and opportunities with key experts in several international organizations.
- Understand the relationship between global health diplomacy and national policy making
- Investigate the bureaucratic, as well as practical, aspects of public health and migration
- Learn about Geneva’s unique history as a center of migration and human rights
- Visit the Office of the International Organization for Migration in London
- Meet representatives from the Migrants' Rights Network (MRN)
- Experience Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford
- Tour the Migration Museum