With specialized education, strong support and funding, and cutting-edge research in the fields of machine learning and AI, Germany is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Germany’s capital, Berlin, is increasingly growing as a center for artificial intelligence, with current applications in business intelligence, healthcare, life sciences, autonomous driving, and mobility. By visiting startups, large companies, and research institutions currently driving innovations in the field, you will gain an understanding of the necessity, utility, and impact of machine learning in a wide variety of sectors.
- Engage in your personal learning process outside the classroom by actively participating and challenging your current ideas and assumptions
- Broaden your perspective of machine learning in a European context through field visits, while assessing affordances and limitations of incorporating machine learning approaches in various sectors
- Through conversations with machine learning experts working in Germany, obtain an understanding of the dynamic interplay between research, development, industry, and everyday applications of machine learning
- Visits to meet with professionals working in tech giants or tech start-ups based in Germany
- Visit researchers and peers within Germany's prime computer science academic institutions (e.g. Technical University of Munich, Technical University of Berlin)
- Visit BIFOLD (Berlin Institute for the Foundations of learning and Data)