Our week-long Study Tour is designed to highlight emergent biomedical engineering developments in Scandinavia and illustrate both regional cooperation and the connections between industry and university research. We will tour labs, visit start-ups and biotech companies, and hear from engineers in Denmark and Norway. This tour will introduce you to various careers in biomedical engineering and expand your network of key institutions and individuals in the field.
Our Study Tour is supplemented with relevant cultural visits and events to help you learn more about Denmark and Norway, further contextualizing your studies.
- Learn about emergent technologies in biomedical engineering across Scandinavia and gain a comparative perspective on research and development in Denmark and Norway
- Connect with practitioners in the field and learn the importance of collaboration across institutions and borders to achieve biomedical engineering breakthroughs
- Experience the dynamics of biomedical engineering discovery and development through visits to labs and biotech research facilities
- Discuss recent breakthroughs in biomedical engineering with researchers in Denmark, including the development of artificial ovaries and new advances in molecular machines
- Visit hospitals in Copenhagen to gain insight into clinical applications of engineered tools and technologies to improve health care and health care delivery
- Meet with engineers at the Oslo Bioimpedance Group, comprising researchers in the Oslo region with a focus on electrical bioimpedance