February 23, 2021
New COVID-19 recommendations were announced, effective immediately. These measures are designed to limit the spread of COVID-19 following a 26% increase in cases in Stockholm in the last week. Test results also show that the British variant is becoming more common.
The new restrictions include:
- Only travel on public transportation if really necessary.
- Disposable face masks are recommended on public transportation 24/7. This is in addition to existing recommendations to avoid public transportation during rush hour and maintain a 2 meter distance.
- Face masks are recommended in all indoor situations where distance cannot be maintained, including in shops, stores, and workplaces. Remember that though face masks are not currently required at DIS, students, staff and faculty are able to wear them whenever they like.
The existing restrictions, including those limiting the sales of alcohol and gathering numbers also remain in place. Please see the February 11 update below for more details.
It is widely expected that additional COVID-19 announcements will come from Swedish authorities tomorrow.
- The Local article outlines these new restrictions
- COVID-19 statistics from the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention