Copenhagen: A City Built for Human Scale
The locals get to swim in the city-center harbor baths, bike on 400 kilometers of bike paths, gather at the local markets, and take a break from it all in the many green spaces.
Experience this livable city first-hand and explore how architecture and design help put people first within functional and beautiful surroundings. Through seven weeks with DIS, you get to know the urban fabric by working on assignments that address real sites and interacting with the architecture and design community of Copenhagen.
June 14 – July 31
7 weeks | 7 to 9 credits
In this signature summer session, enroll in a studio and its corequisite course that includes:
- 6 weeks studio in Copenhagen
- 1 week-long, course-integrated Study Tour in Denmark
- Work on challenging assignments dealing with real issues on sites in Copenhagen, in intimate studio settings alongside a small group of fellow students
- Visit cutting-edge architecture and design in and around Copenhagen on Field Studies
You can choose one of the following studio packages in this session:
7-Credit Studio Packages
- Architecture Design Studio and Visual Journal
- Architecture Foundations Studio and Visual Journal
- Graphic Design Studio and Visual Journal
- Graphic Design Foundations Studio and Visual Journal
- Interior Architecture Studio and Visual Journal
- Urban Design Studio and Visual Journal
9-Credit Studio Package
Our Study Tour was packed to the brim with amazing design inspiration. What I learned on tour simply cannot be taught just inside a studio.