We would like to make you aware of how DIS places you in your housing:
- DIS guarantees housing to all students who request, and pay for, DIS-arranged housing.
- Your housing placement is based on the summer sessions and courses you are enrolled in, as well as your housing application.
For example, if enrolled in Session 1 and 2, you will likely live with others taking courses in those sessions. Note: Any edits made after one month before your departure will not be considered (due to the matching process). In addition, DIS matches you with the best housing option based on your application and other registration factors. It is therefore important that in your housing application you describe your daily routines and interests in detail, so that DIS match you with the housing placement that is the best fit for you. See overview of summer housing
- Specific housing accommodation preferences (i.e. single rooms) are examined on a case-by-case basis. Ensure that upload all important accommodation documentation to Student Registration, and clearly explain your specific accommodation needs and preference in your housing application.
- DIS strives to divide you and your classmates from the same home university among various buildings and locations to encourage you to meet new people and engage with that community.
Most students study abroad to have new experiences and meet new people, so this is a main factor of our housing placements. If you come from a home university who has sent a sizable cohort to DIS, expect that DIS will strive to place you in different housing sites.
- Requests to live with a specific roommate or for specific buildings and/or locations will not be honored. We believe this encourages you to meet new people. DIS will place you in a location where we think you will enjoy living and be successful in engaging with the community. We make placements based on the information you provide on your housing registration.