DIS Housing Code of Conduct
The mission of DIS Housing is to offer students a welcoming, vibrant, and safe housing option. Students are expected to take care of their DIS Housing, contribute positively to their living environment to make it a comfortable place for all residents, and to assume a collective responsibility for the behavior and conduct of their housing community.
To achieve our mission and ensure every student’s right to live in a safe and clean housing environment, DIS has implemented a set of rules for all students. In some housing sites, each floor will collaborate with the guidance of their Community Advisor to create additional rules specific to their floor.
Students living in DIS Housing are expected to abide by the following guidelines:
- Students will actively participate in creating a positive housing experience by discussing living arrangements with each other and setting up a roommate contract if living in shared rooms.
- Students will assume collective responsibility to follow all rules and regulations and take initiative within their housing community if they observe or become aware of others who are not following them.
- Furniture, fixtures, and other items provided by DIS must be respected and nicely kept. Vandalism or any other kind of destruction of property must be reported. Students are financially responsible for all damages they cause in the housing site.
- You are responsible for cleaning your room and taking part in the cleaning schedule for common areas in your residence. This includes bringing out the trash to the designated containers and adhering to sorting guidelines for your neighborhood. If students do not equally participate in their shared responsibility for a clean living space, all will be held financially responsible for the hiring of an external cleaning company. Upon departure, your room must be thoroughly cleaned and emptied of personal belongings and trash.
- DIS reserves the right to do maintenance or provide IT support at DIS buildings and housing locations between the hours of 8:00 and 17:00. This includes the right to enter your room for a cleaning check by your Community Advisor or a DIS staff member during the summer, as well as a final room check before departure at the end of each summer session.
- Consumption of alcohol should not conflict with the quiet hours of your residence. Please see our Alcohol and Drug Safety Policy for more information regarding alcohol in Denmark and Sweden.
- In general, overnight guests are not allowed in your DIS housing.
- Students are responsible for ensuring their guests also abide by the rules outlined on this page.
- In general, music and loud entertainment must not disturb other residents or neighbors. Loud noise is prohibited after 22:00 on weekdays and after 23:00 on weekends. When playing music, always close your window so you do not disturb your neighbors. Additionally, when you return home at night, please be conscious of your noise level.
- Smoking and use of incense and candles is prohibited in DIS Housing. This includes the use of e-cigarettes, vaporizers, hookahs, etc. When smoking outside, please do so at least five meters (sixteen feet) from entrances.
- Your DIS Housing may not, under any circumstances, be rented out using Airbnb or any other rental site. Doing so is a violation of the DIS Code of Student Responsibility and will result in dismissal from DIS.