Do I Need a Visa to Study in Scandinavia?

DIS Summer, Mix and Match between Copenhagen and Stockholm

Passport or Visa Requirement

When traveling internationally, you are always required to show a passport when you arrive at the airport.

Do I need a visa to study in Scandinavia for the summer?

If you possess a passport from the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, the European Union, the U.K., Norway, or Switzerland, you do not need to apply for a visa for your time with DIS. You may simply enter Europe using your passport.

If you do not possess a passport from one of the above countries, check these two lists to see if you need a visa to study in Scandinavia for the summer:

If you require a visa to study in Scandinavia, DIS will email you application instructions once you complete the ‘Personal Information’ form on Student Registration. The visa application costs about $100 and requires an in-person appointment at a visa processing center.

At the end of the summer if you are considering or planning on extending to the fall semester you will need to reach out to as soon as possible to start the process of obtaining a Residence Permit.