Health, Accident, and Personal Liability Insurance
As a summer student with DIS, you have comprehensive health, accident, and personal liability insurance from the Europæiske ERV Insurance Company.
Additional Insurance Needs
DIS encourages students to consider their individual insurance needs. Review existing insurance (including any coverage mandated by your home school) and consider purchasing additional coverage if necessary.
DIS recommends students who plan to travel outside the U.S. before and/or after their program purchase additional travel insurance as the insurance plan through DIS will not cover incidents outside of the program dates nor incidents in the U.S.
Europæiske ERV Health, Accident, Personal Liability Insurance
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||Unlimited|
|Pre-existing Conditions||DKK 63,000 /SEK 78,750|
|Psychological Treatment||DKK 31,500/SEK 40,000|
|Curtailment||DKK 40,000/SEK 50,000|
|Medical Escort & Summoning||1 person|
|Personal Accident: Bodily Injury||DKK 500,000/SEK 625,000|
|Personal Accident: Loss of Life||DKK 250,000/SEK 312,500|
|Personal Liability & Property|
|Damage to property||DKK 5,000,000/SEK 6,250,000|
|Injury to persons||DKK 10,000,000/SEK 12,500,000|
|Legal aid||DKK 100,000/SEK 125,000|
|Contents of Dwelling||DKK 250,000/SEK 312,500|
|Baggage||DKK 5,000/SEK 6,200|
|Search and Rescue||DKK 250,000/SEK 312,500 per insured; DKK 500,000/SEK 625,000 per claim event|
|War and Warlike Conditions||Unlimited|
Your Insurance Does Not Cover
- Replacement or repair of glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prostheses, or other facilities
- Childbirth or ordinary and/or planned controls and examinations related to a non-complicated pregnancy or childbirth
- Vaccinations and regular check-ups
- Dental care
- Bills for cell phone usage when your phone is lost/stolen
- Theft from a dwelling where the doors and windows were not locked
- Replacement value for property older than two years old
- Claims for property damage by someone other than the insured student
For further info regarding your coverage and exclusions, review the ERV insurance conditions here.