Known for its excellence in education, Finland is an ideal destination to compare and contrast to the Danish context. During tour, you will visit various early childhood institutions and Finnish types of forest kindergartens in and around Helsinki. Though it is also a part of Scandinavia, Finland uses a vastly different education system and standard than used in Denmark, and this will be evident through first-hand experiences.
- Be able to explore Finnish pedagogy and childhood
- Compare and contrast the Danish systems with the Finnish systems witnessed in Helsinki
- Visiting the Kindergarten Museum
- Discovering the community center playgrounds for children
- Visiting summer camps
- Exploring the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden, Museum of Natural History, and Moominland