Known for its excellence in education, Finland is an ideal destination to compare and contrast to the Danish context. The vision for this tour is to gain insight into how various cultural institutions meet the needs of children and families. Although schools will be closed for the summer, visits at early childhood centers, summer camps, and alternative public services will all support first-hand investigation into the ways we can be inspired by alternative pedagogical tools and interventions.
- Be able to explore Finnish pedagogy and childhood
- Compare and contrast the Danish pedagogical approach with Finnish practices working with children
- Develop an understanding of how societal structures influence the daily lives of families with children
- Visiting nature centers designed for promoting environmental awareness for children and youth
- Discovering the community center playgrounds for children
- Meeting professionals to learn more about their role in the Finnish educational system