Apply to Become a DIS Summer Writer
What Do DIS Summer Writers Do?
Summer Writers post as authors on the DIS Blog, discoverstudyabroad.org. As a Summer Writer, you are considered as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your study abroad experience.
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad. We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Your courses, Field Studies, and Study Tours
- Your cultural experiences; how do you engage with the local culture and community?
- Stories of growing, living, and learning
- Day-to-day exploration
Throughout a session, you post 3-5 times.
Why Should You Apply?
- To build your resumé: You will post on the official DIS Blog and have a unique URL that you can share with future employers
- You become an ambassador for DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other university students that are thinking of going abroad
Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
Who Are We Looking For?
- We require that you are mature, passionate about the courses you are taking, and have a desire to engage in your host city
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative and dynamic way, by considering your format and using photos throughout your text
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Summer 2021 Student Writer position, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your name and home university/college
- Your courses and sessions at DIS
- A short reflection that could be published as a pre-departure post, answering:
- What you are looking forward to about your experience
- Why you decided to come abroad with DIS
- Your goals for the summer
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline. Find application deadlines below based on your summer session:
- Session 1 and Labs & Research Session: May 23, 2021
- Session 2 and Architecture & Design Session: June 12, 2021
- Session 3: July 3, 2021